WELCOME TO OUR REAL MEN’S FELLOWSHIP, IRON SHARPENS ANOTHER IRON!
OUR MESSAGE & PRACTICE TO MARRIAGE AS REAL MEN:
That Marriage is a Heavenly Product:-Gen2:18-23
I- A. Belief in origins is foundational. “In the beginning God”! No question about that.
B. A foundational passage about the foundational social institution: A creation ordinance. Matthew 19:4-5, I Corinthians 11:8.
2. It is not good for you to be alone:-Genesis 2:18-20
A. A shocking evaluation, Genesis 2:18, Genesis 1:4, 10, 12; 18,21,25,31.
- The situation was not bad or evil, but instead it was lacking.
- The wife is designed by God to make her husband complete.
B. The marriage life is a lifelong covenant relationship between one woman and one man:- Matthew 19:4-5.
i. No other creature is a suitable helper to man.
ii. Only a woman can complete a man (and only a man can complete a woman) and every men has to believe and accept that.
3. A Marriage is a divine institution:-
i. The first marriage was not just a mating but a covenant ceremony which made God to be personally involved by blessing them.
ii. Every existing marriage has to follow the pattern of the first marriage as this pattern involves 3 persons who are: man, woman, and God.
iii. God’s judgement will be upon those who tamper with marriage- Heb13:4
B. Marriage is meant by God to be a blessing for mankind:-
1. Adam rejoices in the spouse God gives him, Gen2:23, Pr18:22.
2. God still brings together Adams and Eves of our generation.
3. Hey men let us Rejoice in the spouses God has given us.Gen2:23, Pr5:18-9.
4. The primary goal of marriage is to glorify God.
C. Marriage is designed by God as a picture of our relationship to Him.
God’s 4 Commands to all men:- Mtt2:24. a. Leave: Man’s responds to leave will create a new family unit, but Refusing to leave is a violation of God’s plan b. Cleave: Marriage established is not a short term covenant Relationship, but Long Life lived together between the husband and his wife. NB: This marriage is designed to be permanent and most intimate relationship between the two and the Slogan is, “Until death do us part c. One Flesh: The physical Union is a symbolic expression of the marriage covenant lived in the fear of the Lord Genesis 4:1. d. What God has joined together, let no man separate-Matthew 19:6.